Friday, August 3, 2012

To Pisa with Kids

Escaping to Pisa for half a day from Florence was an excellent idea! The train ride only takes 50 minutes, and there are trains every 40 minutes! The walk from the station of Pisa to the leaning tower is quite nice (again, there are many gelaterias) and once you are there, the tower surprises you even though you have seen hundreds of images of it!! For my husband and oldest son it was totally worth it (I had seen it before, probably at the age my oldest is now), and the feeling of surprise and incredulity was still intact!




The one thing I didn't remember was everyone doing the strangest postures for their pictures. From far it looked as if everyone was doing tai-chi! See my son above trying to do the same!
So if you are ever in Florence just think there is a leaning tower 50 minutes away and I bet you won't regret it!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend of total relaxation (that's what I'll be trying to do!!).
Giova.

6 comments:

  1. Tan bella! La torre...y todos ustedes!!! Quiero ir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MONUMENTAL!!!!! ETERNA SIEMPRE!!!! Y ustedes........ "ESPECATULARES" !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. El cielo se ve muy azul, ni una sola nube. La foto de la torre está súper. Faltó una foto de la vista desde la torre, pero mejor que no la publicaron para imaginarla por un rato.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Se ve azul, el calor era de aquellos, que ni la sombra te salva! La vista desde la torre no fue posible, pero siempre es mejor dejar algunas cosas para despues, o para la imaginacion!

      Delete
  4. Between the last time you saw the Pisa tower and now, the tower probably fell over a bit more, no?
    Looks like you had a wonderful family trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably has, but totally undetectable for my eyes! I think they have done quite a job on preventing that it doesn't sink anymore, unlike Venice! It was a wonderful trip, quite unexpected I don't know why!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...