Monday, September 9, 2013

Walking in Rome...with Kids

I'm still day dreaming about Rome, can't get it out of my mind. Since we had very few days here, and my husband and I had been here many years ago, we decided to skip all the lines (who wants to stand in line for a few hours and then go inside a crowded museum with an energetic 2 year old???). Not us!

We walked every day, from morning until night. My older son had quite a lot of fun searching for all the "landmarks" from the movie Roman Holiday (it is one of his favorites). I know, he is a weird 12 year old. 

We started our "Roman Holiday" from the Colosseum.

We searched for the "Bocca della Verita" or mouth of truth.

Then off to the barge dance scene.

The next day to the Trevi fountain, of course.

The Pantheon.

And the Spanish steps all the way to the top for a great view of the city.

I don't know why this is here, but I liked it, so there you go!

I liked this one too!

Carrousels weren't featured in the movie, but if the little one is not happy, no one is!

Castel Sant'Angelo did make it into the movie. Just breathtaking!

And I can't remember if the Vatican made it into the movie, but this is where our walks and holiday in Rome ended.

Ohhh vacations, why oh why, are they so short? I hope that I don't have to wait another 14 years to go back to Rome!

Wishing you a happy monday!
Giova

4 comments:

  1. Believe it or not I still haven't taken my kids to Rome. I know...shameful. It's on my list for this year though. After reading this I'm even more motivated to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really must try to make it there. I'm completely sure that all of you will love it.

      Delete
  2. Por Dios!!!! que fotos tan divinas. Que paseo tan especial. Que gente tan y tan hermosa..... LLoro los "rizos" dorados. En fin...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rizitos de oro se ve divino de cualquier manera, y el viaje a Roma fue increíble!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...