Monday, May 12, 2014

A Julie Arkell Workshop

I was thinking where to start with all the things I want to show you, and decided to first show you the reason for my trip. I'm not sure if you know that last week I left on an expedition? One that took me to London, then to Chichester and back?

An adventure to the wonderful work and world of Julie Arkell. This workshop came by chance after my workshop here got cancelled, so looking on the internet I found a spot here, and it all came together.

In spite of being terribly congested (some intense sinus infection), which for a few seconds I considered canceling my trip, but decided against it. After all is not every day that you get to see these beauties in person.

I've seen some of her work in person, or rather on a person, but to be able to fully look at all these brooches, is another treat entirely, and I was glad I got on that plane!


As always when you go to a workshop it is not only the teacher's work that is inspiring but also the other attendees, and there was so much to learn from these really nice ladies you see above.

It was truly inspiring, and the fact that I had to blow my nose every other minute didn't prevent me from enjoying everything.

I wish you all a very happy Monday,
Giova




2 comments:

  1. Espectacular!!! sencillamente. Pleno de detalles, color, historias y lo mejor..... amor. Cierto?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 12, 2014

    So happy to hear a little bit about your trip! And those brooches on the green sweater are stunning. Tell us more! jx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...