The other day I was thinking I don't like how messy confetti is, but I find it quite beautiful when it is contained. I already pick my share of things from the floor every day, and the thought of itsy bitsy pieces of paper everywhere makes me sweat.
I've been thinking about this garland for quite a while, but didn't get around to making them until now. My idea was to hang them by a window so that when the light hits them you can see all the pretty colors. Perfect for blue summer days (if you're lucky enough to get them)!
You will need:
- glue (preferably not a very strong one otherwise it will tear the tissue paper or wrinkle it)
- thin thread
- clear tape
- paper confetti
- white tissue paper (one big piece makes 4 garlands, each garland has 7 circles)
- you can use a punch hole for the circles if you're aiming at a more consistent look
- the more the merrier, meaning garlands look great when there are a whole bunch of them
- perfect to send to your pen pals and a perfect addition to the flat project
- you can always get just one or two colors of paper confetti, for example blue or red for tomorrow's 4th of July celebration, or red or green for Christmas
- place a plastic under before putting the glue, as it bleeds through the tissue paper
- use them to decorate your gifts or parties
- for many more garland ideas go here
**I just wanted to say sorry for not showing up on Monday, but a bunch of books and the World Cup are keeping me quite busy.
Until next week. Wishing you a happy weekend and lots of fireworks on the 4th!!