Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Flat Swap 2015

I still can't believe it has been a year since the first flat swap. Exactly one year ago today! For some reason I've been thinking about the swap (not knowing it had been a year) and how nice it would be to make and receive a nice little package. With spring and a color combination in mind, you can arrange for a special delivery to someone you don't know. Sounds nice doesn't it? Maybe this post will inspire you?

So lets get on with the nitty gritty. A few things have changed, so read on.

Here are some ideas, but feel free to change or add as you wish (with your partners consent).
  • a letter - long, short, it is up to you, but I think this is such an important part of any swap, it makes it more personal, not just the exchange of gifts
  • something handmade - whatever you make, your craft, a special thing you made that you want to share
  • something you own, but don't need- the point is sharing and thinking about the color combination your partner chose, and putting a smile on your partners face.
  • a wish or a favorite quote - get creative, don't just write something on an ugly piece of paper
  • something edible - tea, chocolate, candy


Things to take into consideration:
1. Send me an email (giovabrusa@gmail.com) or leave a comment below saying that Yayyyy you want to join!

2. Let me know about your preferred color combination, and your blog or IG, or FB (anything where I can see your work).

3. You'll be paired, that way you can discuss how many things you'll be sending, exchange addresses, etc..

4. I reserve the right  NOT to add you to the list - sorry about this, but last time some people joined only because they wanted "things" and didn't make any the effort in what they sent out. I think it defeats the whole purpose of the swap.

5. The swap will close in a week (March 10th), and I'll be sending you an email with your partner's name and email on the 12 of march.

6. You have 2 weeks to prepare your package, so the deadline for sending it out is March 26. No excuses please!

7. Join the swap to see what everyone is sending at #theflatswap2015 on IG or add your pictures to my FB page here

8. Everyone around the world is welcome (except in the case of #4), but if for economic reasons you prefer someone closer to you, let me know in the email

**THIS SWAP IS NOW CLOSED
I really hope you decide to join the second edition of "the flat swap."
Have a lovely day,
Giova.


4 comments:

  1. I just sent you an email - I would love to participate this year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAHHHHH........... voy a tratar. Que mas quisiera yo. Pero la inspiracion llega en cualquier color. Navegando en "cualquier pedazo" de papel.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to participate. My new studio is part paperie and part makerie, the web address is: www.paperseahorse.com. I am also on Facebook and IG if you want to check those out. I learned about this from my friends in Paper Love, an online class I took last year. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...