Monday, June 22, 2015

A Fabric Book or record of fabrics

This little project has been in the back of my head for quite some time, as I wanted a place where I could keep and look at some of the fabric I've bought or was given to me. A special place to hold all these little pieces of fabric.

I love visual records, and this tactile one is becoming my favorite.

This is the front cover (no back cover yet), and a tad big, but what the heck, I'm all about improvisation, as you will see. No page is the same size or straight in any way.

I've added the typed name of the giver or companies to help me remember. The fabrics above can be better seen here.

Lately, I'm all about the blues, and Japanese fabrics.

 You can find Monday's Milk here and Yoko here.

Last but not least, these beauties were given to me by two very lovely people, and are the reason why I wanted a place to keep little squares of fabric before I use them on something and forget how they look like.

I should have apologized at the beginning for being absent and so on and so forth, but the truth is my life is pretty hectic and with so many ups and downs it has started to look a lot like a mexican telenovela, and the last place I want to vent about my life is here.

I do hope this little project inspires you to get cutting and stitching.  I will show this book once I'm finished, I think it will be in the "accordion" style, and I shall be back, but I don't know when.

Wishing you a very warm and lovely summer,
Giova

2 comments:

  1. A lovely idea, have a good summer! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often read such blogs very well and I love too visual records, I remember We also collected a lot of such samples. accounting assignment writer service was in touch with the service when we got a lot of help. Monday's milk and Yoko
    Thank you very much for that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...